Getting a/c service in Madison now prevents hot days down the road.
You’ve decided to spice up the mid-week by driving over to Fort Atkinson tonight to see Guys on Ice at the Fireside Theatre. The play is set in an ice fishing hut like those you see dotted across frozen lakes in the winter time. With the official start of summer almost here and temperatures rising, it might be hard to remember that we spend several months of the year trying to stay warm. And now, we’re trying to stay cool.
One way to do that is to make sure your auto air conditioning is in top shape. As the non-profit Car Care Council points out: “Sitting in traffic when temperatures soar without a properly functioning air conditioning (a/c) system is the last place most drivers want to be.”
And the way to avoid that, the council says, is to have your a/c system checked annually to make sure it’ll work when you need it to. The council says, “A vehicle’s heating, ventilating and air conditioning system keeps the interior cabin comfortable in any season by providing the right temperature and humidity level. Typical a/c service consists of the following steps:
- “Service technician visually inspects hoses, lines, seals and other components for leaks as well as inspect the drive belt for cracks or damage.
- “Technician checks pressures to test operation, refrigerant charge and outlet temperatures.
- “If the system is found to be low on refrigerant, a leak test is performed to find the source of the leak. Keep in mind that if your vehicle is leaking refrigerant, it is damaging the ozone layer.
- “Refrigerant may be added if necessary to ‘top off’ the system, although some states do not allow ‘topping off.’
- “A technician may also check for evidence of refrigerant cross-contamination, which is the mixing of refrigerants.
- “A/c service should also include a check of the compressor’s drive belt and tension.”
And, finally, the Car Care Council suggests you also have your cabin air filter checked “to make sure air is flowing properly into the car.”
The place to come for a/c service in Madison is Terry’s Car Care. Our certified auto mechanics are experts in auto air service (maintenance) and auto air repair. Terry’s has been the trusted Madison auto repair facility for more than 50 years. While you’re here, ask us about our discounts on certain auto repairs and maintenance.
Madison A/C Service | Madison Auto Air Service | Madison Auto Air Repair
#MadisonA/CService #MadisonAutoAirService #MadisonAutoAirRepair #TerrysCarCare